Dental Implants in Rancho Cucamonga
A dental implant is made from a metal rod as replacement for your tooth’s root. This “root” is placed into the jaw bone and becomes the foundation for your replacement tooth (which is made to match your existing teeth). Getting an implant requires numerous appointments before the result is seen. After getting the post placed you will need to wait until your gums have fully healed before the new tooth can be installed.
Many patients wonder if getting dental implants is worth the investment and have a tough decision to make. While dental implants cost most out-of-pocket upfront they do have the potential to last a lifetime with proper care, and overtime will become the most financially responsible choice for tooth replacement. This is because on average a bridge will only last for 15 years before the patient then needs to pay for a replacement bridge. Dental implants offer numerous advantages to help justify their high cost:
- Convenient. Permanent dental implants eliminate the hassle of removing and cleaning dentures nightly, as well as eliminating the need for messy adhesives to keep them in place.
- Easier to consume food. Implants function just like real teeth allowing you to eat your favorite foods without worrying about pain.
- Improved appearance and self-esteem. Dental implants feel and look like your own teeth. You can be confident in your smile and no longer worry about people noticing a fake tooth.
- Improved comfort. By choosing an implant you eliminate the discomfort associated with removable dentures.
- Improved oral health. Unlike a bridge, a dental implant does not require any neighboring teeth to be ground down. Leaving your natural teeth intact helps your long-term oral health. Implants also allow easier access between the teeth, allowing you to keep flossing without a struggle.
Deciding on dental implants is a major decision and one that you should discuss with your dental provider.